The Blarney Stone Press

KCHS performing arts program

We, two high school freshmen had decided to research the performing arts program to inform the school of what is to hope for next year. So we set forth, we talked to teachers and students to help you!

Theatre:

To begin with, Ms. M-R told us about the theatre classes and clubs. This is her first year teaching in the KCHS Performing Arts Program.  “I love it!” mentioned Ms. M-R. She said there would be new electives including Musical Theatre and Advanced Theatre. Musical theatre will be foundation information to build on skills and will be performance based. There is a possibility that they will add an Advanced Musical Theatre class in the future.

Meanwhile, Advanced Theatre focuses on people who want to act and direct professionally. These advanced classes will be considered honors classes. Also, Ms. M-R gave us information about the upcoming performance in the Spring. March 31, April 1 and April 2, The Theory of Relativity will be showing. This is a unique play put on by some KCHS students and will include a live band made of KCHS students. Junior, Leah Holt describes it as, “Not like a typical musical”. There are many different stories being told but they all relate to each other in a unique way.

Band:

Later, we spoke to band students, including freshmen trumpet player, Ben Ebel. He says he enjoys band a lot and, “It’s a lot of fun to go to football games and play at the pep rallies.” He and Mr. Varnell agree that “the elephant in the room”, is that they would like a Performing Arts Center with a stage for them to perform, but they make it work in the Commons Area. Varnell commented, “We are getting stronger every year, the band is particularly strong and gets superior ratings every year at their festival.”

Choir:

The Chorus will be adding Catholic Chorale, which is open to ladies and gents. It’s is personalized because you can either take it for a year or for just a semester. Varnell, the chorus teacher says, “we want to open it up and have more options for people”. It is a beginning level class, to learn the basics of singing.  Mr. Varnell loves his students and is very proud of what they have done. He also mentioned the 88 Keys Campaign, all donations are welcome.

• KCHS performing arts program

Arts & Entertainment

Band Learns New Bops

• KCHS performing arts program

Art of the Irish

A Look into the Literary Magazine

• KCHS performing arts program

Art of the Irish

Chalk Walk Brings Young Artists Together

• KCHS performing arts program

Arts & Entertainment

In the Eye of the Storm

• Art of the Irish

Inkredible Creativity– Showcase Art in the Inkblot

• KCHS performing arts program

Arts & Entertainment

Coffee House Returns

• Art of the Irish

Arsenic and Old Lace

• Arts & Entertainment

Hardcore Swiftie or Vouch for Yeezy?

• Arts & Entertainment

The Hamilton Mixtape: An Undeniable Work of Art

• KCHS performing arts program

Arts & Entertainment

Is iOS 10 worth the update?